Patient Services Specialist II - Towncenter-Neuro/Pain
Company: The University of Texas Medical Branch
Location: League City
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Minimum Qualifications Bachelors degree and one year experience
or High School or equivalent and three years clerical or customer
service experience. Job Summary The Patient Services Specialist II
has advanced Patient Services Specialist skills and is proficient
in independently maintaining a positive patient experience by
consistently exceeding expectations in customer service and patient
care, by coordinating clerical and medical activities of a
healthcare team, patient registration activities and facilitating
access to UTMB services for new and returning patients. ESSENTIAL
JOB FUNCTIONS: Lead Responsibilities
- Ability to function as a team leader.
- Provides peer guidance and leadership.
- Able to effectively triage problems.
- Understand clinic flow to maximize clinic usage to meet patient
- Provides high level customer in all interactions with internal
and external customers.
- Provides direct, professional, and knowledgeable interactions
with patients, physicians, referral sources, and the treatment
- Answers always calls accurately and with exceptional customer
- Ensures callers needs are met and accurate information is
- Ensures calls are documented and triaged appropriately ensuring
patient satisfaction and patient safety. Completes telephone
encounter process if appropriate.
- Acts as patient advocate and liaisons with various departments
to meet mutual goals.
- Maintains patient confidentiality regarding access to patient
and other clinical information via email, computer, fax, and
- Addresses concerns of patients, provides service recovery, and
escalates issues as needed.Scheduling
- Applies the policies of the clinical entity to schedule
- Coordinates financial counseling for day surgery
- Completes reminder calls to patients for scheduled
- Educates patient/responsible parties regarding billing process
and any additional financial responsibilities including third party
- Provides out of pocket cost estimates to patients
- Counsels patients about unpaid bills.
- Obtains future appointments at time of service for clinic
follow-up, referrals, and ancillary services.Arrival
- Arrives patients and prepares paperwork/chart for visit.
- Appropriately receipts all monies collected, tokens
distributed, and deferments authorized.Registration
- Verifies, ensures eligibility, and pre-registers patients by
obtaining patient demographics and third-party coverage(s) at every
- Obtains and documents information required for third party
- Ensures compliance with Medicare and third-party coverage.
- Communicates with patient, referral source, UTMB physician and
clinical staff regarding any obstacle to access or
authorization.Marginal or Periodic Job Functions
- Performs related duties as required.
- Reads all OSA Announcements and relevant communications
relating to job duties.
- Successfully completes competency-based training and testing on
an annual basis.
- Prioritizes and completes all work in an accurate, effective,
and efficient manner.
- Adheres to internal controls established for department.
- Locks office and secures files containing money or confidential
information when away from workstation. Properly disposes of
printed patient information, logs off computer when leaving
workstation and keeps passwords confidential.
- Participates in team meetings/activities and supports the
philosophy and goals of the team/department.Equal Employment
Opportunity UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity
employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national
origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity/expression, genetic information, disability, veteran
status, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by
federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by
law. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative
action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans
and individuals with disabilities.Compensation
Keywords: The University of Texas Medical Branch, League City , Patient Services Specialist II - Towncenter-Neuro/Pain, Other , League City, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...