Patient Services Specialist I - Bay Colony Dermatology Clinic
Company: University of Texas Medical Branch
Location: League City
Posted on: March 16, 2023
The Patient Services Specialist I creates a positive patient experience by consistently exceeding expectations in customer service and patient care, by coordinating clerical and medical activities of a healthcare team, patient registration activities, and facilitating access to UTMB services for new and returning patients.
Experience with patient registration, patient appointment scheduling, and/or insurance verification preferred.
Bachelor's Degree and no experience or High School or equivalent and 2 years customer service and/or clerical experience.
* Provides high level customer service in all interactions with internal and external customers.
* Provides direct, professional, and knowledgeable interactions with patients, physicians, referral sources, and the treatment team.
* Answers calls accurately and with exceptional customer service at all times, and ensure caller's needs are met.
* Ensures calls are documented and triaged appropriately ensuring patient satisfaction and patient safety.
* Acts as patient advocate and liaisons with various departments to meet mutual goals.
* Addresses concerns of patients, provides service recovery, and escalates issues as needed.
* Schedules appointments and completes reminder calls to patients for scheduled appointments.
* Coordinates financial counseling for day surgery
* Educates patient/responsible parties regarding billing process and any additional financial responsibilities including third party benefits information.
* Provides out-of pocket cost estimates to patients and counsels patients about unpaid bills.
* Obtains future appointments at time of service for clinic follow-up, referrals, and ancillary services.
* Arrives patients and prepares paperwork/chart for visit.
* Appropriately receipts all monies collected, tokens distributed, and deferments authorized.
* Verifies, ensures eligibility, and pre-registers patients by obtaining patient demographics and third party coverage(s) at every encounter.
* Obtains and documents information required for third party reimbursement.
* Ensures compliance with Medicare and third party coverage.
* Communicates with patient, referral source, UTMB physician and clinical staff regarding any obstacle to access or authorization.
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Keywords: University of Texas Medical Branch, League City , Patient Services Specialist I - Bay Colony Dermatology Clinic, Other , League City, Texas
here to apply!