Company: Flowserve Corporation
Location: League City
Posted on: November 21, 2022
Company Overview: If a culture of excellence, innovation and
ownership is what you're searching for, consider putting your
experience in motion at Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or
as a leader of people, your enterprise mindset will ensure
Flowserve's position as the global standard in comprehensive flow
control solutions. Here, your opportunity for professional
development and industry leading rewards will be supported by our
foundational commitments to the values of people first, integrity
and safety. Thinking beyond opportunity and reward, at Flowserve,
we are inspired by working together to create extraordinary flow
control solutions to make the world better for everyone! Role
Summary: Set up and operate a variety of machine tools to produce
precision parts and instruments. Includes precision instrument
makers who fabricate, modify, or repair mechanical instruments. May
also fabricate and modify parts to make or repair machine tools or
maintain industrial machines, applying knowledge of mechanics,
mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedures.
- Operating Machine or Equipment - Operate basic equipment and
machines and carry out routine tasks.
- Operations Management - Carry out operational tasks by
following established processes.
- Equipment Maintenance and Repair - Help to maintain and repair
equipment by carrying out preparations and providing
- Health, Safety and Environment - Follow basic mandatory work
instructions to safeguard the environment and the wellbeing of
oneself and others.
- Operational Compliance - Follow a straightforward mandatory
procedure to ensure that work is carried out to the required
quality standards and/or to ensure adherence to external regulatory
codes and internal codes of conduct.
- Precision Equipment Utilization - Interpret and use precision
measuring equipment/instruments such as micrometers, dial
indicators, and depth gauges.
- Instructions and Drawings - Ability to read and interpret
blueprints and geometric tolerances.
- Internal Communications - Exchange information with people by
having courteous interactions with them.
- Policy and procedures - Works with guidance to understand
policies and procedures, while making sure they match
organizational strategies and objectives.
- Other duties as assigned. Requirements:
- HS Diploma / GED and 3-5 years relevant experience
- Verbal Communication - Uses clear and effective verbal
communication skills to express ideas and request actions.
- Planning and Organizing - Works with guidance to plan,
organize, and prioritize activities to efficiently meet business
- Health and Safety - Applies elementary concepts to manage and
apply safe systems of work.
- Equipment Experience - 2+ years machining experience in a
manufacturing or repair environment operating manual lathes,
milling machines, or CNC lathes/mills.
- HS Diploma / GED and 3-5 years relevant experience Req ID :
R-175 EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans. Flowserve will
also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for
inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain
circumstances, the pay of their co-workers. Pay Transparency
Nondiscrimination Provision If you are a qualified individual with
a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a
reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your
ability to use or access as result of your disability. You can
request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to . In
order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words
"Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For
more information, read the Accessibility Process.
Keywords: Flowserve Corporation, League City , Manual Machinist, Other , League City, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!