Company: Flowserve Corporation
Location: League City
Posted on: November 12, 2021
If a culture of excellence, innovation and ownership is what
you’re searching for, consider putting your experience in motion at
Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or as a leader of people,
your enterprise mindset will ensure Flowserve’s position as the
global standard in comprehensive flow control solutions. Here, your
opportunity for professional development and industry leading
rewards will be supported by our foundational commitments to the
values of people first, integrity and safety. Thinking beyond
opportunity and reward, at Flowserve, we are inspired by working
together to create extraordinary flow control solutions to make the
world better for everyone!
Flowserve is looking for a hands-on, experienced Sales Engineer
to sell mechanical seals and services to existing and new customers
in the chemical industries in the Freeport, TX market. Flowserve’s
reputation as a global leader for design, quality, and service will
support the Sales Engineer to demonstrate a value proposition and
establish long-term business relationships. The Sales Engineer will
create a lasting competitive advantage for Flowserve by
understanding our products and their applications in our customers’
operations. The Sales Engineer will be forward-thinking by
identifying opportunities, developing marketing plans, and
achieving increased sales over time. The position has a salary
base, with sales incentives. A company car is included in a
comprehensive benefits package. The position is located in Pasadena
Responsibilities & Requirements:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent technical degree
- Knowledge of the design and operational requirements of
rotating pumps, mechanical seals, and related equipment
- Industrial sales experience with a track record of
self-initiated, sustained sales success highly desired.
- Training in sales techniques, negotiations, and business
- Must communicate with positive impact. Project a strong
customer focus. Must be skilled at product demonstrations,
presentations, and business writing.
- Must be computer savvy by using available technologies to
manage daily activities. Strong Microsoft Office skills needed
including the ability to manipulate complex Excel spreadsheets,
word processing, and presentation softwares
- Demonstrated financial acumen to discuss business decisions,
especially return on investment in support of solution selling
- Experience solving problems in a group setting, and able to
resolve conflict proactively and collaboratively. Able to lead a
root cause failure analysis and communicate results.
- Demonstrated skills in leading meetings, including setting
agendas, preparing, facilitating discussions, and assigning
- Track record of success as a flexible multi-tasker with good
follow-through to meet urgent deadlines with little or no
- Active driver’s license with good driving record.
- Some physical activity required (e.g., walking large customer
sites, lifting at least 50 lbs, and ascending/descending ladders
and staircases in multi-story facilities).
- Maintain regular, planned communication with key customers in
the territory. Make direct, in-person sales calls. Respond quickly
and thoroughly to customers’ inquiries.
- Achieve sales objectives, including bookings and growth.
- Develop and implement marketing plans aligned with regional
sales objectives to support larger organizational goals. Prepare
quarterly updates on progress to yearly objectives.
- Stay engaged and informed about customers’ key projects.
Demonstrate an understanding of the needs and wants of the customer
and Flowserve so as to establish win-win relationships that support
- Provide value to customers with industry intelligence,
financial understanding, technical expertise and a deep knowledge
our Flowserve’s products and services. Proactively engage with
customers in discussions to resolve their technical
- Inform customers about the quality and features of our
products, and our Life Cycle Advantage program, through the full
use of the company’s marketing materials. Train customers in the
features and uses of our products.
- Utilize knowledge of competitors’ strengths and weaknesses to
leverage the value of Flowserve’s products and services.
- Maintain organized records. Prepare regular reports as required
regarding customer contacts, quotes, status, actuals, expenses,
- Have a Customer First attitude that permeates the organization.
Be the advocate for the customer within Flowserve, collaborating
with application engineers, customer service, and manufacturing to
ensure that we are meeting the customers’ needs, resolving
corrective actions, and fulfilling our commitments in our Life
Cycle Advantage agreements.
- Convey a sense of contagious passion for Flowserve and our
products, and inspire confidence in the vision and strategic
direction of the company.
Primary Posting Location: Pasadena, Texas
Preferred Experience / Skills: Same as
Job Advertising Title: Sales Engineer
Job Posting Category: Sales
Employment Type: Full time
Country: United States
Auto req ID: 53321BR
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment
decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected
veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not
discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about,
discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances,
the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a
disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable
accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use
or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can
request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to
firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to quickly respond to your
request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your
subject line of your email. For more information, read the
Keywords: Flowserve Corporation, League City , Sales Engineer, Other , League City, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!