The primary purpose of this position is to provide a student
trainee who has been appointed to the Pathways Program with on-the
job training and guidance to further student technical
The salary range indicated in this announcement will be adjusted
to include locality payment for selected duty location. General
schedule locality pay table may be found under,
Learn more about this agency
- Duties and responsibilities vary and may increase according to
- Assignments are selected on the basis of their progressive
training value for the individual.
- Provides assistance in planning, monitoring, and conducting
special studies, projects and initiatives.
- Participates with Senior personnel in conducting non-routine
- Performs selected tasks and phases of routine studies and
projects that require application of basic occupational field
theory and principles in the technical area of Computer
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this
1599 Mathematics And Statistics Student Trainee
Conditions of Employment
- Please read this Public Notice in its entirety prior to
submitting your application for consideration.
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Males must be registered for Selective Service, see
- Total salary varies depending on location of position
- Travel and relocation expenses may or may not be paid
- Recruitment incentives may be authorized
- This posn is subject to provisions of the DoD Priority
- Position may be subject to random drug testing
- Employee may be required to work other than normal duty hours,
to include evenings, weekends and/or holidays
- Shift work and emergency overtime may be required
- Employee must maintain current certifications
- Disclosure of Political Appointments is required
- The Public notice may be used to fill targeted grades
- This position is established under the provisions of the
- This announcement may be used to fill one or more
- May be required to obtain/maintain a security clearance
- The salary range indicated in this announcement will be
adjusted to include locality payment for selected duty location.
General schedule locality pay table may be found under,
In order to qualify, you must meet the SPECIALIZED experience
requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM)
Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, Group
Coverage Qualification Standard for Competitive Service Student
GS-04: Completion of two full academic years of post-high school
study or an associate's degree.
GS-05: Completion of four academic years of post-high school
leading to a bachelor's degree or equivalent degree.
GS-07: Completion of one full academic year of graduate level
education OR eligibility under the Superior Academic Achievement
Provision and completion of a bachelor's degree.
To view qualifying educational requirements click on the
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
Knowledge of basic occupational theory, principles, concepts,
and practices in the technical area of Computer Science.
Skill in applying basic occupational theory, principles,
concepts, and practices sufficient to perform student trainee
Ability to follow instructions and guidance to complete assigned
tasks and communicate information to others in oral or written
Ability to analyze problems, identify significant factors,
gather and interpret pertinent data, and apply established rules
and procedures in order to recommend effective solutions.
Ability to learn and apply basic investigative techniques to
accomplish work in the subject-matter field.
- Ability to gather and analyze basic facts, information, and
data, and draw conclusions.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for
appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify
the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total
number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience,
including volunteer work done through National Service Programs
(i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g.,
professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community;
student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical
competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable
training and experience that translates directly to paid
employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience,
including volunteer experience.
IF USING EDUCATION TO QUALIFY: If position has a positive degree
requirement or education forms the basis for qualifications, you
MUST submit transcriptswith the application. Official transcripts
are not required at the time of application; however, if position
has a positive degree requirement, qualifying based on education
alone or in combination with experience; transcripts must be
verified prior to appointment. An accrediting institution
recognized by the U.S. Department of Education must accredit
education. Click here to check accreditation.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or
universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show
proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least
equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program.
It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when