Patient Registration Specialist I (Evening Shift Position) RCO Registration - Lake Campus - 73224
Company: The University of Texas Medical Branch
Location: League City
Posted on: November 23, 2020
High School Diploma or equivalent and 1 year experience with
billing, financial screening, insurance verification, collections,
and/or customer service
This position facilitates access to UTMB services for new and
returning patients, coordinates financial arrangements including
financial screening and communicates with patients, referral
sources, and the treatment team regarding patient access and
Commensurate with experience
SPECIFIC JOB RELATED DUTIES
* Perform and master COR, ED, Admitting Registrations functions as
defined in each area s customized CBO tool.
* Verifies all patient demographic, insurance coverage, benefits,
and authorization requirements for all services.
* Screens patient for financial responsibility and possible cash
* Determines potential reimbursement sources available to the
patient and directs patient toward financial assistance
* Determines and collects appropriate deposit.
* Facilitation of referrals/prior authorizations.
* Eligibility determination of third party programs.
* Serves as information resources for patients, physicians, nurses,
and other health care professionals by providing accurate and
currently applicable information to accomplish patient satisfaction
and maximum reimbursement.
* Individual department specific knowledge and training of ABN and
PPA agreement forms.
* Meets minimum job performance standards for successful
probationary and annual review, or as needed on an individual
* Demonstrate ability to maintain Registration Quality Assurance
(Q/A) expectations as defined by specific departmental area as
measured monthly and annually on performance review, scoring
includes any errors reported via internal and outside sources not
included in random Q/A process.
* Errors are to be corrected (or acknowledged) and returned within
designated timeframe and will be monitored for excessive delayed
response and compliance as monitored continuously and on annual
* Demonstrate ability to maintain acceptable Productivity Standard
as defined by specific departmental area and measured monthly and
annually on performance review.
* Reads and applies all announcements and relevant communications
related to job duties as observed and monitored by Q/A process.
* Assists in the training and mentoring of new employees.
* Prioritizes and completes all work in an accurate, effective and
* Participates in team meetings/activities and supports the
philosophy and goals of the team, department, and UTMB.
* Excellent Customer Service Skills.
* Perform all other duties as assigned.
* Flexible work schedule including evenings, weekends, and
* Position is for a rotating shift; working every other
* Knowledgeable and experience with scheduling and registration in
a hospital and/or physician setting.
* Experience with /Epic ADT/Prelude and Cadence applications.
* Knowledgeable with insurance verification.
* Experience with upfront collections.
* Experience in admissions and ED registration.
* Interpersonal skills positive interactive skills with others.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without
regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal
Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and
advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with
Req id: 73224
Keywords: The University of Texas Medical Branch, League City , Patient Registration Specialist I (Evening Shift Position) RCO Registration - Lake Campus - 73224, Other , League City, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!