Registered Nurse - Med Surg
Company: DaVita Inc
Location: League City
Posted on: February 10, 2024
212 Gulf FreewaySte G3, League City, Texas, 77573, United States of
Registered Nurse - Peritoneal Dialysis
Schedule: Monday - Friday; 8am - 5pm
Minimum of 1 year RN experience required, dialysis specific
experience is not required.
We are looking for a self-motivated, organized individual who is
passionate about patient care and excited for the opportunity to
independently manage their cases with confidence and
accountability. As a Peritoneal Dialysis Registered Nurse (PD RN),
you will be providing education on peritoneal dialysis to your
patients and their care partners in a clinical setting, which then
allows them to dialyze from home.
You have responsibility over the complete ongoing care of each
patient to ensure their treatment stays on track.
Dialysis Experience is NOT required. Nephrology nursing provides a
fresh lens and set of skills to those newly entering the field.
What you can expect:
* Provide comprehensive patient care in an independent setting.
* Apply your "core" nursing skills to assess, diagnose and
implement complete care plans as you look at the whole patient. As
a case manager, you will also track and organize your patients.
With the pride of ownership comes the joy of witnessing how your
care impacts patients' lives.
* Empower your patients by teaching them to administer their own
dialysis and to take their health back into their own hands.
* Training patients takes time and mental energy and the rewards of
that investment come in seeing the transformation of your patients
from feeling sick and afraid, to strong, independent, and able to
do the daily things that they love. Educating patients on their
options when it comes to dialysis not only helps them own their
journey, but also expands the program to people who will benefit
greatly from PD.
* Home RN partners to provide ongoing dialysis treatment education
activities supporting the healthy growth of the home program. This
includes educating new in-center hemodialysis patients in the
* Lead, coach and guide with your nursing skills.
* You will work independently, while also building deep
relationships with patients, support systems and care partners.
* Typically, an 8-hour day, Monday through Friday with weekends and
* Flexibility as you manage your own cases and as a result, own
your own schedule.
* Scheduled home visits and on-call shifts vary by program and are
What we'll provide:
* Clear and competitive career growth for a lifetime nursing
* If you are new to dialysis, we'll provide a 9-12 week
paid-training and the support to guide you through to becoming a
* Annual $3,000 tuition reimbursement and potential $25,000
scholarship opportunity. CNN, CDN, and CPDN certification
reimbursement. 100+ CEU courses at no-cost.
* Comprehensive benefits package: including medical, dental,
vision, 401k match, family resources, pet insurance, mental health
resources, back-up child and elder care and so much more.
* Our culture is filled with compassion, care and the desire to
help our patients, our teammates and their families live their best
* Current Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state of
* Minimum of 12 months of RN experience
* Current driver's license, reliable transportation, and vehicle
insurance in state of residence
* Associates Degree in Nursing (A.D.N) from accredited school of
nursing required; Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N);
three-year diploma from accredited diploma program may be
substituted for nursing degree
* Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word and Outlook
You might also have (a.k.a. nice-to-haves):
* Previous Chronic Hemodialysis, Acute Dialysis, Home Hemodialysis
(HHD) or Peritoneal Dialysis (PD) nursing experience
* Training/Teaching/Healthcare Education background
* Previous case management experience
* Familiarity with, or excitement to learn about telehealth
* Certified Nephrology Nurse (CNN), Certified Dialysis Nurse (CDN),
Certified Peritoneal Dialysis Nurse (CPDN)
Ready to make a difference in the lives of patients? Take the first
Nurses: if this isn't the job for you, perhaps you have a friend
who would be a perfect fit. Send them this job link.
DaVita is an equal opportunity employer - Vet and Disability.
At DaVita, we strive to be a community first and a company second.
We want all teammates to experience DaVita as "a place where I
belong." Our goal is to embed Diversity & Belonging into everything
we do in our Village, so that it becomes part of who we are. We are
proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative
action employer. As such, individuals are recruited, hired,
assigned and promoted without regard to race, national origin,
religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected
Salary/ Wage Range
Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors,
including a candidate's qualifications, skills, competencies and
experience and may fall outside of the range shown. DaVita offers a
competitive total rewards package, which includes a 401k match,
healthcare coverage and a broad range of other benefits. Learn more
Keywords: DaVita Inc, League City , Registered Nurse - Med Surg, Healthcare , League City, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!