Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer - Echo Lab w/Call
Company: The University of Texas Medical Branch
Location: League City
Posted on: January 15, 2022
JOB DESCRIPTION: Provides supervisory and advanced technical
skills in the performance of patient examinations and testing in
the Non-invasive cardiac laboratory. JOB DUTIES:
- Follows the guidelines set by the laboratory directors for
examination of the patient.
- Responsible for acquisition, recording, analysis and
presentation of patient examinations, to include routine, stress
and transesophageal procedures.
- Determines the most appropriate testing techniques for a
patient in order to obtain the optimal information desired by the
attending physician to answer clinical questions.
- Informs the attending physician of findings in difficult or
unusual cases before the patient leaves the area.
- Participates in the teaching of fellows and junior colleagues,
conferences and preceptorship programs.
- Cares for and maintains echocardiography equipment.
- Responsible for cleanliness and order of the immediate
- Notifies the proper personnel of the need for specific
- Responsible for proper record keeping, data storage and
retrieval for clinical and/or research purposes.
- Assists in clinical research protocols as needed.
- Maintains statistical data as requested by the Technical
Director and assists in implementation of total quality management
program for the Echocardiography Laboratory.
- Maintains state-of-the-art technology by learning advanced new
techniques and information systems.
- Suggests novel approaches in the use of echocardiography in
medicine and implement where feasible.
- Conforms to safety regulations and implement all procedures to
comply with national and local fire and safety standards.
- Identifies appropriate internal controls for department;
provides mechanisms to monitor and enforce compliance.
LOCATION: This position will cover our Echo Labs in League City and
Galveston. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High School or equivalent
AND:Certified as a Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS)
by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS)
orRegistered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) or Registered
Cardiac Sonographer (RCS) by the Cardiovascular Credentialing
International (CCI)-or-Satisfactory completion of a formal cardiac
sonographer training program (1-4 years) must be registry eligible
and attain certification within one year.-or-Graduate from a
diagnostic ultrasound training program (2-4 years) with 1 full
additional year of full-time clinical experience in a dedicated
echocardiography laboratory and registry eligible and attain
certification within one year.-or-Two years of college with
emphasis on the biological sciences with two years experience in a
dedicated echocardiography laboratory and registry eligible and
attain certification within one year. SALARY RANGE: $28.46 - $42.69
per hour, commensurate with experience.
Keywords: The University of Texas Medical Branch, League City , Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer - Echo Lab w/Call, Healthcare , League City, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!