Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer - Echo Lab w/Call
Company: UTMB HEALTH
Location: League City
Posted on: November 18, 2021
JOB DESCRIPTION: Provides supervisory and advanced technical
skills in the performance of patient examinations and testing in
the Non-invasive cardiac laboratory.
- Follows the guidelines set by the laboratory directors for
examination of the patient.
- Responsible for acquisition, recording, analysis and
presentation of patient examinations, to include routine, stress
and transesophageal procedures.
- Determines the most appropriate testing techniques for a
patient in order to obtain the optimal information desired by the
attending physician to answer clinical questions.
- Informs the attending physician of findings in difficult or
unusual cases before the patient leaves the area.
- Attends daily echocardiography interpretation
- Participates in the teaching of fellows and junior colleagues,
conferences and preceptorship programs.
- Cares for and maintains echocardiography equipment.
- Responsible for cleanliness and order of the immediate
- Notifies the proper personnel of the need for specific
- Responsible for proper record keeping, data storage and
retrieval for clinical and/or research purposes.
- Assists in clinical research protocols as needed.
- Maintains statistical data as requested by the Technical
Director and assists in implementation of total quality management
program for the Echocardiography Laboratory.
- Maintains state-of-the-art technology by learning advanced new
techniques and information systems.
- Maintains professional competency through participation in
educational activities of the department and other related
- Communicates professionally with personnel in other
laboratories within the division of cardiology and other service
areas of the hospital.
- Suggests novel approaches in the use of echocardiography in
medicine and implement where feasible.
- Conforms to safety regulations and implement all procedures to
comply with national and local fire and safety standards.
- Identifies appropriate internal controls for department;
provides mechanisms to monitor and enforce compliance.
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure.
LOCATION: This position will cover our Echo Labs in League City and
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High School or equivalent AND:
Certified as a Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) by
the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS)
Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) or Registered
Cardiac Sonographer (RCS) by the Cardiovascular Credentialing
Satisfactory completion of a formal cardiac sonographer training
program (1-4 years) must be registry eligible and attain
certification within one year.
Graduate from a diagnostic ultrasound training program (2-4 years)
with 1 full additional year of full-time clinical experience in a
dedicated echocardiography laboratory and registry eligible and
attain certification within one year.
Two years of college with emphasis on the biological sciences with
two years experience in a dedicated echocardiography laboratory and
registry eligible and attain certification within one year.
SALARY RANGE: $28.46 - $42.69 per hour, commensurate with
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without
regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender,
sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic
information, disability, veteran status, or any other basis
protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local
laws unless such distinction is required by law. As a VEVRAA
Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire
and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals
Keywords: UTMB HEALTH, League City , Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer - Echo Lab w/Call, Healthcare , League City, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!