Clinical Educator, Specialty Surgery TMC
Company: Memorial Hermann
Location: League City
Posted on: May 6, 2020
At Memorial Hermann, we're about creating exceptional
experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to
provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that
develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on
patient care.Every employee, at every level, begins their journey
at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization
and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our
employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryPosition responsible for developing, providing, and
coordinating direct staff education, indirect patient education,
orientation training, and development of curriculum and individual
learning plans and monitoring staff. Job Description Memorial
Hermann Texas Medical Center is hiring for a Clinical Educator
Position to support the Specialty Surgery Service Line. This
Service Line includes Specialty Surgery Units within MH TMC such as
the Transplant Units, Dialysis Units, the Bariatric Unit, etcs.
- Full-time, Clinical Educator - Monday through Friday, 8 AM to 5
PM (must be flexible, the educator will be responsible for
developing education for day shift and night shift staff.
Therefore, must be flexible to work nights and weekends)
- Recent Medical Surgical experience is a must. ICU, Transplant,
Dialysis experience preferred.
- Prior Educator experience preferred
- Must be confident, have an outgoing personality and be able to
work autonomously. Minimum QualificationsEducation: Bachelors
Degree preferred Licenses/Certifications:
- Current State of Texas license/permit to practice professional
- Completion of Basic Life Support
- Other certification based upon specific nursing unit
- At least five (5) years of clinical experience as a Registered
- Viewed as a leader in current specialty
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by
integrating our culture in all internal and external customer
interactions; delivers on our brand promise of we advance health
through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration,
compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial
- Serves as an educational resource at the service level and for
core hospital activities. Assesses, plans, develops, coordinates,
implements and evaluates educational needs that are appropriate to
- Develops curriculum for identified learning needs. Facilitates
and coordinates individual learning plans.
- Promotes team approach to healthcare delivery. Facilitates
effective patient education at the service level. Evaluates
effectiveness of patient education.
- Develops and maintains new employee orientation program. Acts
as clinical resource for staff. Communicates effectively with all
levels of the healthcare team.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to
all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within
budgetary specifications including time management, supply
management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by
meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills
competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the
success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and
resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Memorial Hermann, League City , Clinical Educator, Specialty Surgery TMC, Healthcare , League City, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!