Assistant Principal - Elementary (Anticipated) 2021-22
Company: Clear Creek Independent School District
Location: League City
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Applications will be accepted beginning
Monday, February 1, 2021 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time) Do you know someone who should apply for
this job? Send this job posting to him or her! We'll send an email
and include the job details and a link to this posting.Recipient's
NameRecipient's EmailYour NameYour Email
Send me a copy Assistant Principal - Elementary (Anticipated)
2021-22 Assist the elementary school principal in the overall
administration of the instructional program and campus level
operations; and provide a safe learning environment. Qualifications
Education/Certification/Licensure Master's degree from an
accredited college or university Special Knowledge/Skills Effective
communication and interpersonal skills Strong organizational skills
Thorough understanding of school operations Ability to coordinate
campus support operations Experience Minimum of 3 years classroom
teaching experience Major Responsibilities and Duties
- Participate in the development and evaluation of educational
- Encourage and support development of innovative instructional
programs, helping teachers pilot such efforts as appropriate.
- Promote the use of technology in the teaching/learning
- Promote a positive, caring learning environment.
- Deal sensitively and fairly with persons from diverse cultural
- Communicate effectively with students, staff, and patrons.
- Participate in the development of campus improvement plans with
staff, parents, and community members.
- Assist the principal to develop, maintain, and use information
systems to maintain records and track progress on campus
performance objectives and academic excellence indicators.
- Observe employee performance, record observations, and conduct
evaluation conferences for assigned staff.
- Assist the principal in interviewing, selecting, and orienting
new staff members.
- Supervise operations in the principal's absence.
- Help plan daily school activities, including the development of
class schedules, teacher assignments, and extracurricular activity
- Supervise reporting and monitoring of student attendance,
working with the attendance clerk and attendance officer on
- Work with department heads and faculty to compile annual budget
requests based on documented program needs.
- Requisition supplies, textbooks, and equipment; maintain
inventory records; verify receipts for materials.
- Assist with safety inspections and safety-drill
- Coordinate transportation, custodial, cafeteria, and other
- Comply with federal and state laws, SBOE rules, Board policy,
- Ensure that students are properly supervised throughout the
- Help develop a student discipline management system that
results in positive student behavior.
- Ensure that school rules are uniformly observed, and that
student discipline is appropriate and equitable.
- Conduct conferences on student and school issues with parents,
students, and staff.
- Articulate the school's mission to community and solicit its
support in realizing goals.
- Demonstrate awareness of school-community needs; initiate
activities to meet needs.
- Use appropriate and effective techniques to encourage parent
and community involvement.
- Share supervisory responsibility for professional staff with
school principal, supervising staff members as assigned.
- Manage and utilize data effectively for systemic process and
- Account for the accuracy and verification of all student
program data and reports.
- Implement data-driven decision making for improvement efforts
based on best practices.
- Manage and utilize policy effectively for maintain systemic
processes and practices.
- Account for the verification of the correct policy regarding
all decisions and correspondence.
- Exhibit CCISD Core Values of trustworthiness, respect,
responsibility, fairness, caring, and citizenship.
- Stay up-to-date professionally through the selection of quality
professional learning opportunities for personal growth.
- Research district policy, precedent, and current practices
prior to taking action.
- Participate as an effective team member who contributes to
district, department, and content goals.
- Demonstrates proficient levels of technology applications.
- Participates fully in drills and safety exercises to provide
for the safety and overall emotional wellbeing of students.
- Utilize time wisely for effective management of job
- Maintain punctuality in daily work times, appointments, and
- Meet task completion deadlines established by supervisor.
- Maintain friendly customer-service-driven interactions with all
stakeholders, students, teachers, administrators, and
- Work cooperatively with co-workers and supervisors to ensure
that the goals of the school/department are met.
- Maintain a positive and professional tone in all communication
(i.e. email, written, and verbal).
- Perform other duties and accept other responsibilities as
assigned. Working Conditions Mental Demands Ability to maintain
emotional control under stress; ability to work with frequent
interruptions Physical Demands/Environmental Factors Occasional
district-wide travel; frequent prolonged and irregular hours
Keywords: Clear Creek Independent School District, League City , Assistant Principal - Elementary (Anticipated) 2021-22, Education / Teaching , League City, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!