Principal - Clear Connections Virtual School (anticipated
Company: Clear Creek Independent School District
Location: League City
Posted on: April 6, 2021
Applications will be accepted beginning
Monday, March 29, 2021 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time) Do you know someone who should apply for
this job? Send this job posting to him or her! We'll send an email
and include the job details and a link to this posting.Recipient's
NameRecipient's EmailYour NameYour Email
Send me a copy Principal - Clear Connections Virtual School
(anticipated) Job Description Primary Location District Wide Salary
Range Admin/Program 6 - Admin/Program 6 / Per Year Direct and
manage instructional program and supervise operations of a team of
staff working to provide teacher-directed instruction in a virtual
home-based student instructional program; provide leadership to
ensure high standards of instructional service oversee compliance
with district policies and provide a safe virtual learning
environment. Qualifications Education/Certification/Licensure
Master's degree from an accredited college or university Special
Knowledge/Skills Effective communication, public relations and
interpersonal skills Thorough understanding of school operations
Working knowledge of curriculum and instruction Ability to evaluate
instructional and teaching effectiveness Ability to manage budget
and personnel Ability to coordinate campus functions and support
operations Strong organizational skills Experience Minimum of 3
years classroom teaching experience Minimum of 3 years in
instructional leadership roles preferred Major Responsibilities and
- Monitor instructional and managerial processes to ensure that
program activities are related to program outcomes of virtual
instructional delivery and use findings to take corrective
- Regularly meet with CIIC team about program operation,
supervision, and evaluation of virtual learning program, including
students, parents, and community when appropriate.
- Analyze and interpret student assessment data to use in making
school improvement decisions.
- Monitor implementation of the curriculum, using the following
- Clinical supervision observations and conferences
- Frequent walkthrough observations and follow-up
- Curriculum planning meetings and review of minutes of the
- Periodic review of curriculum documents
- Translate the importance of effective curriculum and
instruction practices on a regular basis.
- Provide instructional resources and materials to support
teaching staff in accomplishing instructional goals.
- Foster collegiality and team building among staff members;
encourage their active involvement in decision-making process.
- Provide for two-way communication with district leadership,
staff, students, parents, and community.
- Communicate and promote expectations for high-level performance
to staff and students; recognize excellence and achievement.
- Ensure effective and prompt resolution of conflicts.
- Communicate effectively with students, parents, staff, and
- Build common vision for school improvement with staff; direct
planning activities and put programs in place to ensure attainment
of program's mission of virtual home-based instruction.
- Identify, analyze, and apply research findings to promote
- Develop and set annual campus performance objectives for each
of the academic excellence indicators.
- Develop, maintain, and use information systems and records to
- Participate in the development of improvement plans with staff,
parents, and community members.
- Interview, select, and orient staff; approve personnel assigned
to virtual-learning program.
- Define expectations for staff performance as related to
instructional strategies, student engagement, and
- Observe employee performance, record observations, and conduct
evaluation conferences with assigned staff.
- Document performance of employees when necessary.
- Assign and promote campus personnel.
- Make recommendations to Human Resources on renewal,
non-renewal, suspension, or termination of assigned staff.
- Work with planning and decision-making committees to plan
professional development activities.
- Confer with staff regarding their professional growth,
assisting them to develop and accomplish goals.
- Comply with applicable district policies, state and federal
laws, and regulations; develop budgets based on documented needs,
estimated enrollment, personnel, and other fiscal needs; keep
programs within budget limits; maintain fiscal control; accurately
report fiscal information.
- Direct and manage co-curricular, extra-curricular, and
intramural programs, including management of activity funds.
- Develop a master schedule based on student requests and staff
- Compile, maintain, and store all physical and computerized
reports, records, and other required documents, including accurate
and timely reports of attendance and district equipment.
- Develop a comprehensive system of evaluation that will
facilitate an on-going improvement process.
- Ensure high quality management of the operations and resources
for a safe, efficient, and effective virtual learning
- Articulate the program's mission to community and solicit its
support in realizing goals.
- Demonstrate awareness of program/community needs and initiate
activities to meet those needs.
- Supervise and evaluate the performances of assigned staff
including teachers, counselor(s), and/or clerical support
- Manage and utilize data effectively for systemic process and
- Account for the accuracy and verification of all student
program data and reports.
- Implement data-driven decision making for improvement efforts
based on best practices.
- Manage and utilize policy effectively for maintaining systemic
processes and practices.
- Account for the verification of the correct policy regarding
all decisions and correspondence.
- Exhibit CCISD Core Values of trustworthiness, respect,
responsibility, fairness, caring, and citizenship.
- Stay up-to-date professionally through the selection of quality
professional learning opportunities for personal growth.
- Research district policy, precedent, and current practices
prior to taking action.
- Participate as an effective team member who contributes to
district, department, and content goals.
- Demonstrates proficient levels of technology applications.
- Participates fully in safety exercises to provide for the
safety and overall emotional wellbeing of students.
- Utilize time wisely for effective management of job
- Maintain punctuality in daily work times, appointments, and
- Meet task completion deadlines established by supervisor.
- Maintain friendly customer-service-driven interactions with all
stakeholders, students, teachers, administrators, and
- Work cooperatively with co-workers and supervisors to ensure
that the goals of the school/program/department are met.
- Maintain a positive and professional tone in all communication
(i.e. email, written, and verbal).
- Perform other duties and accept other responsibilities as
Keywords: Clear Creek Independent School District, League City , Principal - Clear Connections Virtual School (anticipated, Education / Teaching , League City, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!