Staff Accountant - $60,000
Company: Interim Healthcare - Houston
Location: League City
Posted on: June 23, 2022
0.57General Purpose: Responsible for supporting the continuous
improvement of the total quality of the branch/office as it relates
to the management of the day to day office operations and the
attention to financial matters that may include payroll, billing,
cash flow analysis, projections, accounts payable and/or accounts
- Prepares the necessary documentation and reports for the
processing of payroll.
- Manage Medicare payments, resolve rejects, and create journal
- Manage Commercial Insurance payments, post to proper accounts,
resolve rejects and adjustments, and create journal entries.
- Manages receivable aging by conducting research, initiating
collection actions and adjusting cash postings.
- Accounts Payable processing including reviewing and coding
vendor invoices and scheduling payments.
- Update cash flow analysis.
- Maintain projections spreadsheet with up-to-date data
- Performs human resource functions as required.
- Reconciliation of bank accounts and credit cards.
- Coordinates the maintenance of office machines; ensures
necessary office supplies are in stock.
- Investigates, evaluates, and resolve exceptions, errors and
- Functions as a contact with other departments on company
- Helps in the preparation and distribution of bonus monies.
- Coordinates the repair and service of office telephone and
- Medicare billing and tracking.
- Balance A/R in Kinnser weekly.
- Create Royalty reports and submit to corporate weekly.
- Census tracking and weekly audit.
- Verify, code and post sales expenses.
- Monthly, quarterly, and end-of-year processing.
- Completes other assignments as requested and assigned.
- May have access to personal health information ("PHI")
necessary to fulfill the above duties and responsibilities. Access
to use and ability to disclose PHI is further defined by each
organization/department.Minimum Education & Experience
- Graduate of an accredited two (2) year accounting program or an
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Four (4) years experience in payroll, billing and collections,
preferably in the health care industry.
- Demonstrated successful customer service skills including
supervisory and training experience. Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure with multiple
tasks, changing priorities, short deadlines and heavy
- Excellent analytical skills including identifying issues and
trends, summarizing financial and business data and preparing
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Excel at creating and maintaining spreadsheets.
- Proficient knowledge and use of QuickbooksWorking Conditions &
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work
- Ability to sit in front of computer screen for long periods of
- Ability to work flexible schedule and/or evening hours as
- Physical activity is sedentary and may require occasional
lifting or carrying up to 10 lbs.PandoLogic. Category: Finance,
Keywords: Staff Accountant
Keywords: Interim Healthcare - Houston, League City , Staff Accountant - $60,000, Accounting, Auditing , League City, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!